J&K govt forms EFA to generate employment
Srinagar: In a bid to provide jobs to nearly five lakh registered unemployed youth, the Jammu and Kashmir government has set up an employment facilitating agency (EFA) in the state.
"The EFA has been tasked to oversee the functioning of employment related organisations and monitor the progress of job-related programmes besides identifying and creating employment opportunities in service sector," officials said Wednesday.
The agency would tie-up with financial institutions for raising credit, identifying the skill deficit and skill surplus areas for transfer and upgradation, they said.
The employment department would function as the nodal agency for monitoring the progress of employment related schemes.
The technical education department would firm up its plan for skill development in consonance with the Central Government`s plan for skill development.
Meanwhile, addressing EFA`s first meeting, state Finance Minister A R Rather underlined the need to make the employment programme more facilitating so that the youth would voluntarily come forward and opt for establishing their own ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs