J&K govt forms EFA to generate employment
Srinagar: In a bid to provide jobs to nearly five lakh registered unemployed youth, the Jammu and Kashmir government has set up an employment facilitating agency (EFA) in the state.
"The EFA has been tasked to oversee the functioning of employment related organisations and monitor the progress of job-related programmes besides identifying and creating employment opportunities in service sector," officials said Wednesday.
The agency would tie-up with financial institutions for raising credit, identifying the skill deficit and skill surplus areas for transfer and upgradation, they said.
The employment department would function as the nodal agency for monitoring the progress of employment related schemes.
The technical education department would firm up its plan for skill development in consonance with the Central Government`s plan for skill development.
Meanwhile, addressing EFA`s first meeting, state Finance Minister A R Rather underlined the need to make the employment programme more facilitating so that the youth would voluntarily come forward and opt for establishing their own ventures.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city