J&K govt gives nod for Additional Sessions court at Sopore
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today approved creation of an addtional District and Sessions court at Sopore in Kashmir Valley.
"The Cabinet met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and accorded sanction for creation of a court of Additional District and Sessions judge at Sopore," an official spokesman said.
The Cabinet also gave its nod for upgradation of the post of Joint Development Commissioner (Works) to Development Commissioner.
The incumbent would have administrative and financial powers and would be in-charge of planning.
Chief Engineers of Roads and Buildings and PMGSY would route their proposals regarding planning and implementation of projects through the Development Commissioner (Works), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan fails to seal F-16 fighter jets deal with US, says report
- Sensational: New Zealand teenager Glenn Phillips hits 6 sixes in an over
- 'A Wednesday' veterans Anupam Kher, Naseeruddin Shah spar over Kashmiri Pandits - Details inside
- National Anthem disrespect: Farooq Abdullah offers apology, says 'sorry, if I offended anyone'
- Rio Olympics should be moved or postponed due to Zika, suggest experts