J&K govt gives nod for Additional Sessions court at Sopore
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today approved creation of an addtional District and Sessions court at Sopore in Kashmir Valley.
"The Cabinet met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and accorded sanction for creation of a court of Additional District and Sessions judge at Sopore," an official spokesman said.
The Cabinet also gave its nod for upgradation of the post of Joint Development Commissioner (Works) to Development Commissioner.
The incumbent would have administrative and financial powers and would be in-charge of planning.
Chief Engineers of Roads and Buildings and PMGSY would route their proposals regarding planning and implementation of projects through the Development Commissioner (Works), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!