J&K govt gives nod for Additional Sessions court at Sopore
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today approved creation of an addtional District and Sessions court at Sopore in Kashmir Valley.
"The Cabinet met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and accorded sanction for creation of a court of Additional District and Sessions judge at Sopore," an official spokesman said.
The Cabinet also gave its nod for upgradation of the post of Joint Development Commissioner (Works) to Development Commissioner.
The incumbent would have administrative and financial powers and would be in-charge of planning.
Chief Engineers of Roads and Buildings and PMGSY would route their proposals regarding planning and implementation of projects through the Development Commissioner (Works), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!