J&K govt gives nod for Additional Sessions court at Sopore
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today approved creation of an addtional District and Sessions court at Sopore in Kashmir Valley.
"The Cabinet met here under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah and accorded sanction for creation of a court of Additional District and Sessions judge at Sopore," an official spokesman said.
The Cabinet also gave its nod for upgradation of the post of Joint Development Commissioner (Works) to Development Commissioner.
The incumbent would have administrative and financial powers and would be in-charge of planning.
Chief Engineers of Roads and Buildings and PMGSY would route their proposals regarding planning and implementation of projects through the Development Commissioner (Works), the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'