`J&K govt handled situation in Valley tactfully`
Jammu: Asserting that there were sentiments attached to Parliament attacker Afzal Guru`s hanging, Congress minister Taj Mohi-udin on Thursday said the state government has handled the situation "tactfully".
"There were sentiments attached to Guru but the state government has handled the situation tactfully," Minister for Medical Education, Sports and Youth Services, Taj Mohi-ud-Din, told reporters here today.
Taj was replying to a volley of questions about the handling of situation by the state government in the backdrop of Guru`s hanging.
"The Chief Minister (Omar Abdullah) is in the Valley, several other ministers are also there. I have my self come to Jammu only yesterday," he said.
The entire Valley was put under curbs on Saturday following hanging of Guru inside Tihar Jail in Delhi. However, curfew was relaxed from few areas of Kashmir today, which passed off peacefully.
Three persons died and over 50 others were injured in clashes between protesters and security forces during protests against Guru`s execution.
Meanwhile, on the increasing threat of H1N1 influenza, the minister said that there was a standard drill in place across the country to tackle Swine Flu and it was also followed in the state.
"There is a standard drill which is followed everywhere in India. Isolated wards, testing equipment, medicines...Every hospital has been instructed to follow the drill," he said.
On the issue of recent theft of an infant from the SMGS Hospital here, Taj assured that no such incident will occur in future.
"It is a security issue. There are CCTV`s in place, hospital and police security was also present. Even then a child is stolen. We have suspended two security guards and have also told police to take action against their man (on duty). The matter is under investigation; such incident can take place anywhere but I assure you that it won`t be repeated in future," he said.
A day-old baby boy was stolen from the labour room of the SMGS Hospital earlier this month making it the second one in last three months.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Boon for SC/ST candidates? Birth, caste certificates likely to be merged