J&K govt has failed to enhance cash relief for migrants: JTC
Jammu: The residents of the 4200-flats Jagti Migrant township on Wednesday expressed concern over the non-payment of monthly cash relief to them by the Jammu and Kashmir government for the month of November.
"We express deep concern over the non-payment of monthly cash relief for the month of November for which the Kashmiri Pandits are still waiting and they are suffering badly in this regard," Jagti Tenement Committee president Shadi Lal Pandita said.
Pandita criticised the state government for not enhancing the cash relief in tune with the rising market prices.
"The government has failed to enhance the cash relief of the migrants ignoring the market hike," he said.
He claimed that some anti national elements had struck at the Migrant camps and broken vehicles besides damaging government properties.
The inmates appeal to the Chief Minister to intervene into the matter, and see to it that such type incident are avoided in future, he said.
Pandita said the government had failed to pay compensation to the migrants for the damaged and looted properties.
The ex-gratia granted to the migrants for their gutted properties has not been paid in full but only up to maximum of Rs 1 lakh, claimed.
The inmates at Jagti tenements have been put in darkness due to continuing 18 hours power shutdown, he claimed.
The government failed to provide employment to KP migrants till the PM`s employment package was announced, but till then most of the KP youth turned overage, he claimed.
Thus the government should grant seven years relaxation in the age to the KP migrants youth in employment, he said. The state government should also recruit Kashmiri Pandit youths in JK police, he said.
He said the KP migrants should be rehabilitated at one place in the Valley.
Pandita expressed concern over the deteriorating condition of buildings of Jagti Tenements and slow pace of work of 40-bedded hospital and other incomplete works in Jagti.
He demanded immediate release of funds for completion of the incomplete works.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened