J&K govt hikes bus fares by 14 per cent
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Thursday hiked the fare of various types of stage and contract carriers in the state by 8 to 14 per cent.
The cabinet has approved refixing of maximum chargeable fares in case of stage and contract carriers, an official spokesman said, adding that the decision to this effect was taken in a cabinet meeting here with Chief Minister Omar Abdullah in chair.
As per the cabinet decision, 14.40 per cent hike has been approved in existing fares of big buses (stage carriage), 13.49 per cent hike in mini buses (stage carriage), 12.13 per cent hike in taxi, maxi cabs (contract carriers) and 8.81 per cent hike in petrol driven auto rickshaws (contract carriage).
The cabinet has directed the State Transport Authority to accordingly issue detailed notification specifying revised route-wise fares.
In another decision, the state cabinet today decided dispensing with cheque system of payments in five government departments and switching over to civil accounting system in the state.
The departments chosen for the system are Public Works, PHE, Irrigation & Flood Control, Power Development and Forest.
The new accounting pattern would come in force from April 1, 2013.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah