J&K govt initiates steps to make PRIs people-driven entities
Jammu: To ensure development of rural areas, Jammu and Kashmir government has initiated steps to make Panchayati Raj Institutions people-driven entities, state Minister Ali Mohammed Sagar said Friday.
"Government has initiated several steps to make Pancahayti Raj Institutions people driven entities so that they become solely responsible for the development of rural areas," the Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj said after inaugurating a Panchayat building at Basantpur in Kathua district.
He said the government has empowered panchayats to facilitate implementation of various schemes and reiterated his government`s commitment to improve the living conditions of people in rural areas.
The Minister asked officials to inform rural people about schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and Indira Awaas Yojana by organising awareness camps in every panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Parineeti Chopra turns 'sexy pari' for sizzling photo-shoot