J&K govt initiates steps to make PRIs people-driven entities
Jammu: To ensure development of rural areas, Jammu and Kashmir government has initiated steps to make Panchayati Raj Institutions people-driven entities, state Minister Ali Mohammed Sagar said Friday.
"Government has initiated several steps to make Pancahayti Raj Institutions people driven entities so that they become solely responsible for the development of rural areas," the Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj said after inaugurating a Panchayat building at Basantpur in Kathua district.
He said the government has empowered panchayats to facilitate implementation of various schemes and reiterated his government`s commitment to improve the living conditions of people in rural areas.
The Minister asked officials to inform rural people about schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and Indira Awaas Yojana by organising awareness camps in every panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- This is how Dr APJ Abdul Kalam looked when he was a kid!
- Govt reviews porn ban order, blocks only child pornography-related websites
- 'Idiots are lined up at every step': Young IAS officer's fight against sexual harassment
- Which Kapoor does Katrina like the most besides beau Ranbir?