J&K govt initiates steps to make PRIs people-driven entities
Jammu: To ensure development of rural areas, Jammu and Kashmir government has initiated steps to make Panchayati Raj Institutions people-driven entities, state Minister Ali Mohammed Sagar said Friday.
"Government has initiated several steps to make Pancahayti Raj Institutions people driven entities so that they become solely responsible for the development of rural areas," the Minister for Rural Development and Panchayati Raj said after inaugurating a Panchayat building at Basantpur in Kathua district.
He said the government has empowered panchayats to facilitate implementation of various schemes and reiterated his government`s commitment to improve the living conditions of people in rural areas.
The Minister asked officials to inform rural people about schemes such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act and Indira Awaas Yojana by organising awareness camps in every panchayat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'