J&K govt is a combination of misgovernance, corruption: Mufti
Jammu: Terming the Omar Abdullah-led state government as synonymous with mis-governance and corruption, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said the present regime has a dubious record of eroding anti-corruption institutions.
"The present regime has a dubious record of eroding existing anti-corruption institutions in various ways to virtually make them defunct, it is a combination of mis-governance and corruption," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public gathering in Ramban district.
The PDP-Congress regime had constituted the State Accountability Commission (SAC) to eradicate corruption, but the NC-Congress government has made this anti-graft panel defunct to shield its corrupt ministers, Sayeed said.
"The manner in which the present government has made the SAC virtually defunct, betrays its total lack of concern for eradicating corruption," he said.
"While serious allegations of corruption and misuse of office are being made against ministers in the present regime, the state government is not only shielding them, but has made the anti-graft institutions non-functional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Dadri lynching: UP CM Akhilesh raises compensation to Rs 45 lakh
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Sundar Raman, tainted IPL franchises face uncertain future