J&K govt is a combination of misgovernance, corruption: Mufti
Jammu: Terming the Omar Abdullah-led state government as synonymous with mis-governance and corruption, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said the present regime has a dubious record of eroding anti-corruption institutions.
"The present regime has a dubious record of eroding existing anti-corruption institutions in various ways to virtually make them defunct, it is a combination of mis-governance and corruption," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public gathering in Ramban district.
The PDP-Congress regime had constituted the State Accountability Commission (SAC) to eradicate corruption, but the NC-Congress government has made this anti-graft panel defunct to shield its corrupt ministers, Sayeed said.
"The manner in which the present government has made the SAC virtually defunct, betrays its total lack of concern for eradicating corruption," he said.
"While serious allegations of corruption and misuse of office are being made against ministers in the present regime, the state government is not only shielding them, but has made the anti-graft institutions non-functional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP