J&K govt is a combination of misgovernance, corruption: Mufti
Jammu: Terming the Omar Abdullah-led state government as synonymous with mis-governance and corruption, Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday said the present regime has a dubious record of eroding anti-corruption institutions.
"The present regime has a dubious record of eroding existing anti-corruption institutions in various ways to virtually make them defunct, it is a combination of mis-governance and corruption," PDP patron Mufti Mohammad Sayeed said while addressing a public gathering in Ramban district.
The PDP-Congress regime had constituted the State Accountability Commission (SAC) to eradicate corruption, but the NC-Congress government has made this anti-graft panel defunct to shield its corrupt ministers, Sayeed said.
"The manner in which the present government has made the SAC virtually defunct, betrays its total lack of concern for eradicating corruption," he said.
"While serious allegations of corruption and misuse of office are being made against ministers in the present regime, the state government is not only shielding them, but has made the anti-graft institutions non-functional," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!