J&K govt launches scheme for young entrepreneurs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday launched a scheme under which educated youths will get
loans on lesser interest rates for self-employment ventures.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah gave nod to `Youth Start-up
Loan Scheme` under Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare
Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), offering opportunities to
educated youths for venturing into independent livelihood
earning avenues, an official said here.
Under the scheme, young entrepreneurs will get loans on
lesser interest rates for launching self-employment ventures,
"The initiative could be implemented with target cases of
100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of
two months," Omar said at a SKEWPY meeting here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes