J&K govt launches scheme for young entrepreneurs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday launched a scheme under which educated youths will get
loans on lesser interest rates for self-employment ventures.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah gave nod to `Youth Start-up
Loan Scheme` under Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare
Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), offering opportunities to
educated youths for venturing into independent livelihood
earning avenues, an official said here.
Under the scheme, young entrepreneurs will get loans on
lesser interest rates for launching self-employment ventures,
"The initiative could be implemented with target cases of
100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of
two months," Omar said at a SKEWPY meeting here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok