J&K govt launches scheme for young entrepreneurs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday launched a scheme under which educated youths will get
loans on lesser interest rates for self-employment ventures.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah gave nod to `Youth Start-up
Loan Scheme` under Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare
Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), offering opportunities to
educated youths for venturing into independent livelihood
earning avenues, an official said here.
Under the scheme, young entrepreneurs will get loans on
lesser interest rates for launching self-employment ventures,
"The initiative could be implemented with target cases of
100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of
two months," Omar said at a SKEWPY meeting here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'