J&K govt launches scheme for young entrepreneurs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday launched a scheme under which educated youths will get
loans on lesser interest rates for self-employment ventures.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah gave nod to `Youth Start-up
Loan Scheme` under Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare
Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), offering opportunities to
educated youths for venturing into independent livelihood
earning avenues, an official said here.
Under the scheme, young entrepreneurs will get loans on
lesser interest rates for launching self-employment ventures,
"The initiative could be implemented with target cases of
100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of
two months," Omar said at a SKEWPY meeting here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Saudi cop shot dead in Shiite district: Ministry
- Twitter activates Foursquare-powered location feed for iOS users
- Shocking! Three murders within 48 hours in Delhi
- Copa America Final: Time for Messi to end Argentina drought in Copa final?
- Summer Olympics: Boxer Laishram Devendro out of contention for Rio berth