J&K govt launches scheme for young entrepreneurs
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday launched a scheme under which educated youths will get
loans on lesser interest rates for self-employment ventures.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah gave nod to `Youth Start-up
Loan Scheme` under Sher-i-Kashmir Employment and Welfare
Programme for Youth (SKEWPY), offering opportunities to
educated youths for venturing into independent livelihood
earning avenues, an official said here.
Under the scheme, young entrepreneurs will get loans on
lesser interest rates for launching self-employment ventures,
"The initiative could be implemented with target cases of
100 each in Kashmir and Jammu divisions within a time frame of
two months," Omar said at a SKEWPY meeting here.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India