J&K govt misusing state machinery for LC polls: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Thursday accused the ruling National Conference-Congress alliance of violating the model code of conduct by misusing the official machinery ahead of the Legislative Council polls.
"We take strong exception to the misuse of government machinery by ruling parties in the election campaign for Legislative Council. We call upon the election authorities to immediately intervene and check this blatant violation of Model Code," party leader Jitendra Singh said here.
Singh said that from time to time, party leadership has brought to the notice of authorities the violation of election code at different places.
He also alleged of attempts to offer bribes to panchayat representatives to get votes.
Singh claimed that the Congress stands exposed because of its dual policy of demanding 73rd and 74th amendments in street protests, while its ministers in the cabinet follow the NC line of avoiding any reference to the amendments.
Singh said that if voted to the Legislative Council, the BJP candidates will fight for implementation of these amendments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...