J&K govt misusing state machinery for LC polls: BJP
Jammu: The BJP on Thursday accused the ruling National Conference-Congress alliance of violating the model code of conduct by misusing the official machinery ahead of the Legislative Council polls.
"We take strong exception to the misuse of government machinery by ruling parties in the election campaign for Legislative Council. We call upon the election authorities to immediately intervene and check this blatant violation of Model Code," party leader Jitendra Singh said here.
Singh said that from time to time, party leadership has brought to the notice of authorities the violation of election code at different places.
He also alleged of attempts to offer bribes to panchayat representatives to get votes.
Singh claimed that the Congress stands exposed because of its dual policy of demanding 73rd and 74th amendments in street protests, while its ministers in the cabinet follow the NC line of avoiding any reference to the amendments.
Singh said that if voted to the Legislative Council, the BJP candidates will fight for implementation of these amendments.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!