J&K govt mulls to set up monitoring cell on Central schemes
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government is contemplating setting up a monitoring cell to oversee the fund flow and evaluate physical and financial achievements under various centrally sponsored schemes in the state.
"The Department of Agriculture is contemplating to set up a monitoring cell to oversee the fund flow and evaluate physical - financial achievements under various centrally sponsored schemes in operation in the state and report back to the state government", Minister for Agriculture, Ghulam Hassan Mir said here today.
The Minister said that the proposed monitoring cell, to be headed by an independent officer, would monitor the implementation of the centrally sponsored schemes and the impact on the ground.
He said effective implementation of centrally sponsored schemes, in a time bound manner, was imperative for creating positive impact.
Mir said that the decision to constitute the monitoring cell has been taken to ensure fast track implementation of the schemes adding that this would help to avoid lapses in the execution of schemes.
The Minister said that monitoring at the highest level was the need of the hour as same would help to remove the bottlenecks within the departments and associated implementing agencies to ensure time bound achievement of financial and physical targets.
He said time bound achievements was the basic requirement for having free flow of funds under these schemes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened