J&K govt not to allow supply of spurious drugs
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Tuesday decided to upgrade the drug testing laboratories in Srinagar and Jammu to facilitate speedy testing of drugs.
"Nobody will be allowed to supply spurious drugs in Jammu and Kashmir. It has been decided to upgrade the drug testing laboratories in the twin capital cities of Srinagar and Jammu to facilitate speedy testing of drugs", minister of state for Health, Shabir Ahmad Khan said while chairing a high level meeting here on Tuesday night.
The minister instructed authorities concerned not to spare anybody found involved in supplying spurious drugs and stringent action to be taken against violators.
The up-gradation of drug testing laboratories will come in force during the current fiscal and funds will be allocated under the state plan, the meeting decided.
It was also decided that till the up-gradation process is over, existing drug laboratories will function in double shifts and authorities of Drug and Food Organisation will ensure testing of different samples of medicines in a time bound manner to evade supply of spurious drugs to health institutions of the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef