J&K govt official held for making illegal appointments
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) Tuesday arrested a government official for making illegal appointments in a municipal committee of north Kashmir`s Bandipora district four years ago.
"SVO has arrested Abdul Rashid Shah, the then In-charge Executive Officer of Municipal Committees Sumbal/Hajin and Bandipora presently attached with Divisional Commissioner Srinagar`s office for illegal appointments made in Municipal Committee Sumbal during the year 2009-10," a spokesman of the SVO said here.
The organisation is further investigating two more cases of similar nature of Municipal Committees Hajin and Bandipora, besides a possession of disproportionate assets case against the said accused, he said.
The SVO had recently registered cases against four persons, including Shah, for making illegal appointments in the three municipal committees of the district.
"A verification conducted into the allegations of illegal appointments in Municipal Committees of Hajin, Sumbal and Bandipora revealed that during the year 2009-10, the accused made 149 illegal appointments including their relatives, in gross violation of standing orders and rules and without any competence," the spokesman said.
The SVO had registered three separate cases under prevention of corruption act against Imtiyaz Ahmad Parray, the President of Municipal Committee Hajin, Abdul Rashid Mir, the President of Municipal Committee Sumbal and Mushtaq Ahmad Sofi, the President of Municipal Committee Bandipora.
Shah, who was holding charge as Executive Officer of all three Municipal Committees when the recruitments were made in 2009-10, has been named as an accused in the cases.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert