J&K govt orders inquiry into violation in MNREGA
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered an inquiry into the alleged violation of guidelines in execution of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) in Anantnag district.
The inquiry was ordered by Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather while charing the Anantnag District Development Board meeting in the south Kashmir district town yesterday, an official spokesman said today.
"On the insistence of the some local legislators, the minister ordered an inquiry against the alleged violation of main guidelines in execution of NREGA in the district," the spokesman said.
The minister asked the Development Commissioner, Anantnag to complete the inquiry within a month and submit the report.
"Stern action under rules shall be taken against the erring officials," he said
The minister directed for strict adherence of the instructions given at the District Development Board meeting adding that the concerned officers should behave and work with added responsibility and accountability to solve the people’s problems.
Earlier, Anantnag district development Commissioner Kifayat Rizvi said under NREGA only Rs 14 crore against a provision of Rs 25 crore were spent in the district during last fiscal.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed