J&K govt orders inquiry into violation in MNREGA
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered an inquiry into the alleged violation of guidelines in execution of Mahatma Gandhi National Rural
Employment Guarantee Act (NREGA) in Anantnag district.
The inquiry was ordered by Finance Minister Abdul Rahim Rather while charing the Anantnag District Development Board meeting in the south Kashmir district town yesterday, an official spokesman said today.
"On the insistence of the some local legislators, the minister ordered an inquiry against the alleged violation of main guidelines in execution of NREGA in the district," the spokesman said.
The minister asked the Development Commissioner, Anantnag to complete the inquiry within a month and submit the report.
"Stern action under rules shall be taken against the erring officials," he said
The minister directed for strict adherence of the instructions given at the District Development Board meeting adding that the concerned officers should behave and work with added responsibility and accountability to solve the people’s problems.
Earlier, Anantnag district development Commissioner Kifayat Rizvi said under NREGA only Rs 14 crore against a provision of Rs 25 crore were spent in the district during last fiscal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre