J&K Govt orders probe into child`s death at GMC hospital
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thusday ordered a probe into the death of a baby girl, who passed away while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here, following protests by angry relatives who alleged negligence of doctors.
Principal, Government Medical College, Dr Anees Chowdhary has directed the Heads of Department of Paediatrics and ENT to enquire into the death and submit a detailed report within three days for further action, an official spokesman said.
The one-and-half year old baby girl, who had been admitted to the Paediatric unit on December 8 after a corn seed got stuck in her throat, died yesterday while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here.
Her relatives protested alleging negligence of doctors was responsible for her death, following which a probe was ordered into the incident, the spokesman said.
According to the order issued today, Dr Pramod Kalsotra, Head of Department of ENT and Dr Sanjeev Dingra, Head of Department of Paediatrics, have been asked to enquire into the death of the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Attack on Kabul`s American University ends as attackers killed
- Colombia announces historic peace pact
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official