J&K Govt orders probe into child`s death at GMC hospital
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thusday ordered a probe into the death of a baby girl, who passed away while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here, following protests by angry relatives who alleged negligence of doctors.
Principal, Government Medical College, Dr Anees Chowdhary has directed the Heads of Department of Paediatrics and ENT to enquire into the death and submit a detailed report within three days for further action, an official spokesman said.
The one-and-half year old baby girl, who had been admitted to the Paediatric unit on December 8 after a corn seed got stuck in her throat, died yesterday while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here.
Her relatives protested alleging negligence of doctors was responsible for her death, following which a probe was ordered into the incident, the spokesman said.
According to the order issued today, Dr Pramod Kalsotra, Head of Department of ENT and Dr Sanjeev Dingra, Head of Department of Paediatrics, have been asked to enquire into the death of the child.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?