J&K Govt orders probe into child`s death at GMC hospital
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thusday ordered a probe into the death of a baby girl, who passed away while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here, following protests by angry relatives who alleged negligence of doctors.
Principal, Government Medical College, Dr Anees Chowdhary has directed the Heads of Department of Paediatrics and ENT to enquire into the death and submit a detailed report within three days for further action, an official spokesman said.
The one-and-half year old baby girl, who had been admitted to the Paediatric unit on December 8 after a corn seed got stuck in her throat, died yesterday while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here.
Her relatives protested alleging negligence of doctors was responsible for her death, following which a probe was ordered into the incident, the spokesman said.
According to the order issued today, Dr Pramod Kalsotra, Head of Department of ENT and Dr Sanjeev Dingra, Head of Department of Paediatrics, have been asked to enquire into the death of the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family