J&K Govt orders probe into child`s death at GMC hospital
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Thusday ordered a probe into the death of a baby girl, who passed away while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here, following protests by angry relatives who alleged negligence of doctors.
Principal, Government Medical College, Dr Anees Chowdhary has directed the Heads of Department of Paediatrics and ENT to enquire into the death and submit a detailed report within three days for further action, an official spokesman said.
The one-and-half year old baby girl, who had been admitted to the Paediatric unit on December 8 after a corn seed got stuck in her throat, died yesterday while undergoing treatment at the Government Medical College here.
Her relatives protested alleging negligence of doctors was responsible for her death, following which a probe was ordered into the incident, the spokesman said.
According to the order issued today, Dr Pramod Kalsotra, Head of Department of ENT and Dr Sanjeev Dingra, Head of Department of Paediatrics, have been asked to enquire into the death of the child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand