J&K govt orders release of 4 detained under PSA
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government has ordered the release of four persons detained under the Public Safety Act (PSA), an official spokesman said on Saturday.
The Home department headed by Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on the occasion of Eid-ul-Adha festival has ordered the release of four detainees arrested under the PSA, he said.
The detainees have been identified as Gulzar Ahmad Shah and Bashir Ahmad Bhat, both resident of Budgam district, Bilal Ahmad Sofi of Pulwama district and Farooq Ahmad Sheikh of Baramulla district.
"Their release is temporary for three months subject to that they enter into a bond for due observance of the conditions specified," the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets