`J&K Govt provided various facilities to 1947 PoK refugees`
Jammu: Refugees from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK), who had migrated in 1947, have been provided various facilities, including agricultural land to those in rural areas and plots and quarters to those settled in urban areas, the state Assembly was informed on Monday.
Minister of State for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation Aijaz Ahmed Khan said, "As far as PoK refugees of 1947 are concerned they have already been provided various facilities like allotment of land for agricultural purpose who stayed in rural areas, and plots and quarters in favour of those families who settled in urban areas."
He said this in a written reply to the question of Jammu State Morcha (JSM) MLA Ashwani Sharma in the Legislative Assembly today.
The West Pakistani refugees could not be extended such facilities as they were not permanent residents of the state, the minister said.
"Displaced persons and refugees have raised various issues such as one-time settlement, employment package, reservation in professional colleges... The matter is still under consideration of the government," he said.
He said a committee headed by then Financial Commissioner (Revenue) GD Wadhwa was constituted and the recommendation made by the committee has been referred to the Cabinet Sub Committee (CSC) which is headed by the Finance Minister.
Once the CSC submits its recommendations, further actions would be taken and the matter would be placed before the House, the minister added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why