J&K govt provides financial aid to slain sarpanch`s family
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has provided an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the sarpanch shot dead by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district last week.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Gulam Ahmad Khawaja visited the family of slain sarpanch Habibullah Mir at Bomai in Sopore on Friday and handed over a cheque of Rs one lakh as ex-gratia relief to them, an official spokesman said on Saturday.
Mir, who was affiliated with Congress, was shot dead by unidentified militants on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism? - Part II
- David Headley reveals Pakistan's role in 26/11 terror attacks
- UP: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Renowned Urdu poet Nida Fazli dies at 78
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli
- Salman Khan miffed with Huma Qureshi –Sohail Khan affair reports?