J&K govt provides financial aid to slain sarpanch`s family
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has provided an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the sarpanch shot dead by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district last week.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Gulam Ahmad Khawaja visited the family of slain sarpanch Habibullah Mir at Bomai in Sopore on Friday and handed over a cheque of Rs one lakh as ex-gratia relief to them, an official spokesman said on Saturday.
Mir, who was affiliated with Congress, was shot dead by unidentified militants on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan