J&K govt provides financial aid to slain sarpanch`s family
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has provided an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the sarpanch shot dead by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district last week.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Gulam Ahmad Khawaja visited the family of slain sarpanch Habibullah Mir at Bomai in Sopore on Friday and handed over a cheque of Rs one lakh as ex-gratia relief to them, an official spokesman said on Saturday.
Mir, who was affiliated with Congress, was shot dead by unidentified militants on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi