J&K govt provides financial aid to slain sarpanch`s family
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has provided an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the sarpanch shot dead by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district last week.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Gulam Ahmad Khawaja visited the family of slain sarpanch Habibullah Mir at Bomai in Sopore on Friday and handed over a cheque of Rs one lakh as ex-gratia relief to them, an official spokesman said on Saturday.
Mir, who was affiliated with Congress, was shot dead by unidentified militants on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Duleep Trophy: Abhinav Mukund, Sudeep Chatterjee pass 'Pink Test' with flying colours
- Militants attack American university in Kabul
- Sri Lanka vs Australia, 2nd ODI: All-round Lankans thrash clueless Aussies; level series 1-1
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened