J&K govt provides financial aid to slain sarpanch`s family
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has provided an ex-gratia of Rs 1 lakh to the family of the sarpanch shot dead by militants in Sopore area of Baramulla district last week.
Deputy Commissioner Baramulla Gulam Ahmad Khawaja visited the family of slain sarpanch Habibullah Mir at Bomai in Sopore on Friday and handed over a cheque of Rs one lakh as ex-gratia relief to them, an official spokesman said on Saturday.
Mir, who was affiliated with Congress, was shot dead by unidentified militants on January 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!