J&K govt registers 4,621 fishermen
Jammu: As many as 4,621 fishermen in Jammu division has been registered by the state government, a move which will allow them to avail various incentives, including accidental insurance cover to the tune of Rs 50,000.
"The registered fishermen will also get Rs 50,000 house construction assistance," Haj, Auqaf and Fisheries minister Aijaz Ahmed Khan said at a meeting of Fisheries Department here yesterday.
He said the department has constructed 396 carp units under Prime Minister`s Package and other central-sponsored schemes.
Besides, 284 carp ponds have been constructed by the farmers in the private sector, while 313 community ponds have been established in Jammu Division which were stocked with quality fish seeds which are leased by village panchayats to the rural unemployed youths, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites