J&K govt regularises 5,594 illegal power connections
Jammu: Pressurised by deepening power crisis due to huge power theft in Jammu and Kashmir, the Power Development Department (PDD) has regularised 5,594 illegal power connections and imposed a fine of Rs 153 lakh in Jammu division during this year.
As part of vigorous campaign launched by PDD in Jammu division to penalise and regularise illegal connections, the department has conducted 4,237 inspections till end of May 2012.
During the inspections, 5,594 illegal connections were regularised and correspondingly 7.96 MW of load was added and regularised, officials of PDD said here.
Besides, a penalty of Rs 153.33 lakh was imposed on defaulters and Rs 82.24 lakh were also recovered, they said.
Moreover, in Bishnah and Miran Sahib rural areas in the Jammu and Samba districts, 860 air-conditioners and 1,259 pump sets having a load of 6.01 MW was added in the month of May and June only, they said.
This campaign of the PDD against the defaulters shall continue till every defaulter is penalised and regularised, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars