J&K govt regularises 5,594 illegal power connections
Jammu: Pressurised by deepening power crisis due to huge power theft in Jammu and Kashmir, the Power Development Department (PDD) has regularised 5,594 illegal power connections and imposed a fine of Rs 153 lakh in Jammu division during this year.
As part of vigorous campaign launched by PDD in Jammu division to penalise and regularise illegal connections, the department has conducted 4,237 inspections till end of May 2012.
During the inspections, 5,594 illegal connections were regularised and correspondingly 7.96 MW of load was added and regularised, officials of PDD said here.
Besides, a penalty of Rs 153.33 lakh was imposed on defaulters and Rs 82.24 lakh were also recovered, they said.
Moreover, in Bishnah and Miran Sahib rural areas in the Jammu and Samba districts, 860 air-conditioners and 1,259 pump sets having a load of 6.01 MW was added in the month of May and June only, they said.
This campaign of the PDD against the defaulters shall continue till every defaulter is penalised and regularised, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed