J&K govt regularises 5,594 illegal power connections
Jammu: Pressurised by deepening power crisis due to huge power theft in Jammu and Kashmir, the Power Development Department (PDD) has regularised 5,594 illegal power connections and imposed a fine of Rs 153 lakh in Jammu division during this year.
As part of vigorous campaign launched by PDD in Jammu division to penalise and regularise illegal connections, the department has conducted 4,237 inspections till end of May 2012.
During the inspections, 5,594 illegal connections were regularised and correspondingly 7.96 MW of load was added and regularised, officials of PDD said here.
Besides, a penalty of Rs 153.33 lakh was imposed on defaulters and Rs 82.24 lakh were also recovered, they said.
Moreover, in Bishnah and Miran Sahib rural areas in the Jammu and Samba districts, 860 air-conditioners and 1,259 pump sets having a load of 6.01 MW was added in the month of May and June only, they said.
This campaign of the PDD against the defaulters shall continue till every defaulter is penalised and regularised, officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad