J&K Govt releases funds for roads and buildings projects
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government today
released Rs 670 crore to expedite work on various schemes
under execution in roads and buildings sector in the state, an
official spokesman said.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah approved the release of the
funds, Rs 335.50 crore for Kashmir division and Rs 334.90
crore for Jammu region, and expressed hope that concerned
departments would gear up its rank and file at all levels to
ensure judicious use of the funds to complete the works in
time, he said.
The Chief Minister also approved Rs 41 crores for tourism
sector to give fillip to the completion of various schemes
aimed at creation of tourist facilities, he said.
"Our endeavour is to reach out every area especially
far-flung and backward pockets for equitable and balanced
development," Omar said.
The Chief Minister also stressed for active public
participation in the development works to ensure better
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video