J&K govt renames rural devp deptt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today renamed Rural Development Department as Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department.
"The state cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today approved re-designation of Rural Development Department as the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj," an official spokesman said.
He said the cabinet has already approved appointment of Dilshada Khan as Panchayati Raj director against a newly created post.
The government has already transferred powers of 14 different departments to panchayats to take the administration to grass root level and to strengthen the panchayati raj institution in the state.
The cabinet also approved regularisation of last tranche of 26 left out teachers of erstwhile Falah-i-Aam Trust working in the education department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok