J&K govt renames rural devp deptt
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government today renamed Rural Development Department as Rural Development and Panchayati Raj Department.
"The state cabinet which met under the chairmanship of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah today approved re-designation of Rural Development Department as the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj," an official spokesman said.
He said the cabinet has already approved appointment of Dilshada Khan as Panchayati Raj director against a newly created post.
The government has already transferred powers of 14 different departments to panchayats to take the administration to grass root level and to strengthen the panchayati raj institution in the state.
The cabinet also approved regularisation of last tranche of 26 left out teachers of erstwhile Falah-i-Aam Trust working in the education department.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened