J&K Govt reviews Amarnath Yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday reviewed the arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Divisional Commissioner Jammu Pardeep Gupta reviewed the arrangements for the yatra, which is going to start from June 24 this year, at an officers meeting here.
Gupta discussed various matters with the civil and police administration with a view to ensure timely arrangements for the ensuing the Amarnath yatra.
He stressed the need for greater synergy and coordination between the civil administration, police, security forces, shrine board authorities and other concerned departments to ensure that the required arrangements are put in place well in time.
To ensure the quality and rates of eatables and other essential commodities during the yatra period, especially along the national highway, Divisional Commissioner issued directions to the officers of different departments to conduct regular inspection of market to check overcharging by the shopkeepers.
In the meeting all the aspects related to the commencement of yatra, yatra registration, accommodation, transport, free langers, hoarding, loging facilities for yatries in Jammu province and other yatra related arrangements were discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday