J&K Govt reviews Amarnath Yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday reviewed the arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Divisional Commissioner Jammu Pardeep Gupta reviewed the arrangements for the yatra, which is going to start from June 24 this year, at an officers meeting here.
Gupta discussed various matters with the civil and police administration with a view to ensure timely arrangements for the ensuing the Amarnath yatra.
He stressed the need for greater synergy and coordination between the civil administration, police, security forces, shrine board authorities and other concerned departments to ensure that the required arrangements are put in place well in time.
To ensure the quality and rates of eatables and other essential commodities during the yatra period, especially along the national highway, Divisional Commissioner issued directions to the officers of different departments to conduct regular inspection of market to check overcharging by the shopkeepers.
In the meeting all the aspects related to the commencement of yatra, yatra registration, accommodation, transport, free langers, hoarding, loging facilities for yatries in Jammu province and other yatra related arrangements were discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'