J&K Govt reviews Amarnath Yatra arrangements
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Monday reviewed the arrangements for the forthcoming Amarnath yatra in south Kashmir Himalayas.
Divisional Commissioner Jammu Pardeep Gupta reviewed the arrangements for the yatra, which is going to start from June 24 this year, at an officers meeting here.
Gupta discussed various matters with the civil and police administration with a view to ensure timely arrangements for the ensuing the Amarnath yatra.
He stressed the need for greater synergy and coordination between the civil administration, police, security forces, shrine board authorities and other concerned departments to ensure that the required arrangements are put in place well in time.
To ensure the quality and rates of eatables and other essential commodities during the yatra period, especially along the national highway, Divisional Commissioner issued directions to the officers of different departments to conduct regular inspection of market to check overcharging by the shopkeepers.
In the meeting all the aspects related to the commencement of yatra, yatra registration, accommodation, transport, free langers, hoarding, loging facilities for yatries in Jammu province and other yatra related arrangements were discussed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi