J&K govt sets up 13 paddy procurement centres
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has established 13 procurement centers in the current kharif marketing season to facilitate the procurement of paddy at the minimum support price, state Agriculture Minister Ghulam Hassan Mir said.
He was speaking at a meeting convened by him here to review arrangements for running of these centres.
Timely opening of procurement centres will ensure that the farmers are not compelled to sell their produce below the minimum support price fixed during current season, he added.
He asked FCI representatives to immediately deploy staff at the centres established in Kathua and Samba districts, where crop is already being harvested.
During the meeting, it was discussed that the rates of Rs 1,250 for common grade paddy and Rs 1,280 for A-grade paddy fixed for kharif marketing season 2012-13 are likely to be attractive for farmers.
The requisite number of gunny bags for procured paddy has already been requisitioned by FCI and no shortage on this account is envisaged by them.
The centres have been established at Bishnah, Arnia, RS Pura, Sohanjana, Gajansoo, Channu Chak, Pargwal, Khour and Jourian (Jammu District), Ramgarh, Vijaypur (Samba District) Nagri Parole-Chanigran and Sanji Morh (Kathua District).
The provision of requisite infrastructure like winnowing fan, weighing machines, hand stitching machine, tarpaulins, at these locations has also been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars