J&K govt sets up 13 paddy procurement centres
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has established 13 procurement centers in the current kharif marketing season to facilitate the procurement of paddy at the minimum support price, state Agriculture Minister Ghulam Hassan Mir said.
He was speaking at a meeting convened by him here to review arrangements for running of these centres.
Timely opening of procurement centres will ensure that the farmers are not compelled to sell their produce below the minimum support price fixed during current season, he added.
He asked FCI representatives to immediately deploy staff at the centres established in Kathua and Samba districts, where crop is already being harvested.
During the meeting, it was discussed that the rates of Rs 1,250 for common grade paddy and Rs 1,280 for A-grade paddy fixed for kharif marketing season 2012-13 are likely to be attractive for farmers.
The requisite number of gunny bags for procured paddy has already been requisitioned by FCI and no shortage on this account is envisaged by them.
The centres have been established at Bishnah, Arnia, RS Pura, Sohanjana, Gajansoo, Channu Chak, Pargwal, Khour and Jourian (Jammu District), Ramgarh, Vijaypur (Samba District) Nagri Parole-Chanigran and Sanji Morh (Kathua District).
The provision of requisite infrastructure like winnowing fan, weighing machines, hand stitching machine, tarpaulins, at these locations has also been made.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- Virat Kohli's 'shot of the year' already has a big challenger – See video to believe!
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble