J&K govt sets up border migrant colony
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has set up a border migrant colony and over 6100 families have been accommodated there.
"A border migrant colony has been set up in Naiwala area in Akhnoor tehsil," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said during a visit to the colony, 50-km from here, yesterday.
"It is one among many steps taken for rehabilitation of border migrants and over 6100 families have been accommodated in the colony," he said.
The Deputy CM directed concerned authorities to ensure that inhabitants get required supply of potable water.
"If needed, tankers may be pressed into service," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?