J&K govt sets up border migrant colony
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government has set up a border migrant colony and over 6100 families have been accommodated there.
"A border migrant colony has been set up in Naiwala area in Akhnoor tehsil," Deputy Chief Minister Tara Chand said during a visit to the colony, 50-km from here, yesterday.
"It is one among many steps taken for rehabilitation of border migrants and over 6100 families have been accommodated in the colony," he said.
The Deputy CM directed concerned authorities to ensure that inhabitants get required supply of potable water.
"If needed, tankers may be pressed into service," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Saudi prince Turki Bin Saud Al-Kabir executed for murder in rare case
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!
- India can only 'bark', its products can't compete: Chinese state media
- Sania Mirza trolls Sanjay Manjrekar on Twitter after completing 80 consecutive weeks as World No. 1 doubles player