J&K govt sets up committee for smooth regulation of traffic
Jammu: In order to streamline traffic and avoid unnecessary choking, the Jammu and Kashmir minister of state for Home Nasir Aslam Wani on Tuesday constituted a committee that will coordinate to remove impediments in smooth regulation of traffic.
The minister, who chaired a high level meeting here, constituted a committee comprising of Commissioner Srinagar Municipal Corporation (SMC), DIG Traffic Jammu, DC Jammu and Superintendent Engineers of Roads & Buildings and Power Development Department (PDD) in a bid to remove impediments in smooth regulation of traffic, an official spokesperson said here.
Wani issued directions for immediate corrective civil works for effective management of traffic signal lights in the city.
The minister was informed that R&B department will start road marking and installation of road signals in the city from next week, the spokesperson said.
Fluorescent thermal plates will be used to increase longevity of the road markings. Zebra crossing bands at several places will also be made functional so that pedestrian movement is facilitated, he said.
Wani asked the Chief Engineer, R&B to identify the possibility of widening roads at congested points across the city and along the rotaries as it will help in easing traffic pressure at these junctions.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!