J&K govt spends Rs 110 crore on road projects in Poonch
Jammu: Jammu and Kashsmir government has spent Rs 110 crore on completion of 32 road projects under the Pradhan Mantri Garmeen Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in Poonch district of the state.
In adddition to this, the state government has submitted a project of Rs 3 crore to the Centre for approval under NABARD in social forestry sector for creation of infrastructure and afforestation.
"Rs 110 crore have been spent on completion of 32 road projects under the PMGSY in Poonch district", Minister for Forest, Ecology and Environment, Mian Altaf Ahmad said today during his two-day tour of Poonch district.
The Minister instructed engineers to take steps and ensure that projects under the PMGSY are completed on priority basis, besides macadamization and repairing damaged roads in the district.
Roads leading to hilly and remote areas need to be taken up on priority basis, the Minister said and directed engineers to speed up construction work of new roads in the district.
The Minister directed officials of forest department to ensure safety of forests besides launching massive plantation drive in their respective areas.
He also asked officials to intensify field visits and monitor progress of projects coming up in the forest sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Bizarre! Saudi man sexually assaults maid, wife faces jail