J&K govt spends Rs 110 crore on road projects in Poonch
Jammu: Jammu and Kashsmir government has spent Rs 110 crore on completion of 32 road projects under the Pradhan Mantri Garmeen Sadak Yojana (PMGSY) in Poonch district of the state.
In adddition to this, the state government has submitted a project of Rs 3 crore to the Centre for approval under NABARD in social forestry sector for creation of infrastructure and afforestation.
"Rs 110 crore have been spent on completion of 32 road projects under the PMGSY in Poonch district", Minister for Forest, Ecology and Environment, Mian Altaf Ahmad said today during his two-day tour of Poonch district.
The Minister instructed engineers to take steps and ensure that projects under the PMGSY are completed on priority basis, besides macadamization and repairing damaged roads in the district.
Roads leading to hilly and remote areas need to be taken up on priority basis, the Minister said and directed engineers to speed up construction work of new roads in the district.
The Minister directed officials of forest department to ensure safety of forests besides launching massive plantation drive in their respective areas.
He also asked officials to intensify field visits and monitor progress of projects coming up in the forest sector.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read