J&K Govt submits helicopter subsidy proposal to MHA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has
submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Home Affairs for
provision of subsidy for operating helicopters services on
wet lease basis in the state for ferrying people in remote and
mountainous belts in winter and during exigencies.
Replying to the calling attention motion of Abdul Haq
Khan in the Legislative Assembly today, finance minister Abdul
Rahim Rather told the House that a proposal was given to the
MHA for provision of subsidy for operating helicopters
services on wet lease basis in the state as has been done in
case of some states in the north-east.
The MHA has been reimbursing 75 per cent of cost of the
operations to some state in North East under the subsidy for
wet lease basis, he said, adding "the proposal is under
consideration in the MHA.
He said the Indian Air Force helicopters are arranged on
wet lease basis for ferrying people in remote and mountain
belts in winter season and during exigencies.
Rather said the Ministry of Defence has alloted 200 tones
of load for Rotary Wing (Helicopter) for the year 2009-2010
which stand exhausted.
A request has already been made to the MOD for release
for additional tonnage, he said adding as and when the
additional tonnage is authorised by the MOD, airlifting of
stranded people shall be undertaken.
A wet lease is when an aircraft is leased with its crew,
insurance, maintenance. The Lessee covers cost of fuel,
airport fees along with applicable tax and duties and pays the
lesser for the numbers of hours agreed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA