J&K Govt submits helicopter subsidy proposal to MHA
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government has
submitted a proposal to the Ministry of Home Affairs for
provision of subsidy for operating helicopters services on
wet lease basis in the state for ferrying people in remote and
mountainous belts in winter and during exigencies.
Replying to the calling attention motion of Abdul Haq
Khan in the Legislative Assembly today, finance minister Abdul
Rahim Rather told the House that a proposal was given to the
MHA for provision of subsidy for operating helicopters
services on wet lease basis in the state as has been done in
case of some states in the north-east.
The MHA has been reimbursing 75 per cent of cost of the
operations to some state in North East under the subsidy for
wet lease basis, he said, adding "the proposal is under
consideration in the MHA.
He said the Indian Air Force helicopters are arranged on
wet lease basis for ferrying people in remote and mountain
belts in winter season and during exigencies.
Rather said the Ministry of Defence has alloted 200 tones
of load for Rotary Wing (Helicopter) for the year 2009-2010
which stand exhausted.
A request has already been made to the MOD for release
for additional tonnage, he said adding as and when the
additional tonnage is authorised by the MOD, airlifting of
stranded people shall be undertaken.
A wet lease is when an aircraft is leased with its crew,
insurance, maintenance. The Lessee covers cost of fuel,
airport fees along with applicable tax and duties and pays the
lesser for the numbers of hours agreed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack