J&K govt takes action against SSP in Anantnag firing case
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government on Wednesday
said disciplinary proceedings have been initiated against
Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) in Anantnag firing case
in which Station House officer (SHO) was suspended and four
personnel were booked.
Chief Minister Omar Abdullah informed the state Assembly
that an explanation has been sought from then SSP Bashir Ahmed
in connection with firing incident last summer.
Three people had died and several others were injured when
police opened fire on youths protesting in South Kashmir on
June 29 last year.
Abdullah said the Anantnag District Magistrate had ordered
a magisterial enquiry into the firing incident at
Sher-e-Kashmir colony in Anchidora area of Anantang town.
"On the basis of the probe report, four police personnel,
including two Sub-Inspectors - Feroz Ahmed and Farooq Ahmed -
besides constables Nissar Ahmed and Sartaj Ahmed were booked
and a case of murder was registered against them," he said.
Similarly, SHO Anantnag was suspended and initiation of
disciplinary proceedings started against him by
charge-sheeting him for dereliction of duty and fabrication
and manipulation in preparation of FIR and other records, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Shashi Tharoor condems Yakub Memon's hanging
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez