J&K govt to cancel mining lease of royalty default
Jammu: The Jammu and Kashmir government today said it will cancel mining leases of industries for failure to pay royalty dues as early as possible.
"We called upon the mining industries to pay royalty dues as early as possible adding that mine lease deeds of all the willful defaulters will be cancelled shortly in Jammu and Kashmir," state`s Industries and Commerce Minister S S Slathia said while interacting with a delegation of Federation Chamber of Industries (FCI), Kashmir at Civil Secretariat here.
Slathia said some Industrialists have become habitual of retaining royalty due with them without any reason or logic despite repeated reminders which is causing loss to the state exchequer.
He said the government will now act tough against all such willful defaulters.
The state government has initiated a process to revisit the existing State Industrial Policy, which is expiring in 2015, to form a broad based blue print for a new industrial policy, in which all the stakeholders, including members of the FCI(K) and FCI(J) will also be taken on board.
He assured the delegates that the price preference to SSI units in purchases and supplies through J&K SCIOP will be ensured and the relevant circular in this regard shall be enforced with full vigor.
He said the government will explore all available channels to provide marketing cover to the SSI units of the state. He said that every possible effort will be made to provide modern fire control systems in each industrial estate, including the industrial estate of Lassipora, Pulwama.
A modern fire station has already been established in industrial estate Rangreth.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'