J&K Govt to enforce wage-board in private schools
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government will
enforce wage-board in private schools which have been asked to
pay salaries through cheques.
Replying to a question in the state Legislative
Assembly, Education Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said
that the government has come up with clear policy of
wage-board for establishing reasonable fee structure in
He said wages being given to the teaching staff are
also governed by the wageboard.
The minister further said that wage-board will be
enforced and schools have been asked to pay salary through
He listed measures being taken by the government to
regulate private institutions including fee charges from
students, wages paid to teaching staff and admissions.
Sayeed said it has been mandatory on such institutions
to admit 20-25 per cent of the students belonging to BPL
He said that a legislation defining rules for
regulation of private schools was also being brought by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!