J&K Govt to enforce wage-board in private schools
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government will
enforce wage-board in private schools which have been asked to
pay salaries through cheques.
Replying to a question in the state Legislative
Assembly, Education Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said
that the government has come up with clear policy of
wage-board for establishing reasonable fee structure in
He said wages being given to the teaching staff are
also governed by the wageboard.
The minister further said that wage-board will be
enforced and schools have been asked to pay salary through
He listed measures being taken by the government to
regulate private institutions including fee charges from
students, wages paid to teaching staff and admissions.
Sayeed said it has been mandatory on such institutions
to admit 20-25 per cent of the students belonging to BPL
He said that a legislation defining rules for
regulation of private schools was also being brought by the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list