J&K Govt to enforce wage-board in private schools
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government will
enforce wage-board in private schools which have been asked to
pay salaries through cheques.
Replying to a question in the state Legislative
Assembly, Education Minister Peerzada Mohammad Sayeed said
that the government has come up with clear policy of
wage-board for establishing reasonable fee structure in
He said wages being given to the teaching staff are
also governed by the wageboard.
The minister further said that wage-board will be
enforced and schools have been asked to pay salary through
He listed measures being taken by the government to
regulate private institutions including fee charges from
students, wages paid to teaching staff and admissions.
Sayeed said it has been mandatory on such institutions
to admit 20-25 per cent of the students belonging to BPL
He said that a legislation defining rules for
regulation of private schools was also being brought by the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa Reloaded: Shahid reveals about meeting Aishwarya
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!