J&K Govt to go ahead with creation of new admin units
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday inaugurated upgraded administrative halls for different departments at Jammu Civil Secretariat and said his government is going ahead with creating new administrative units in the state.
"We are also moving ahead with the road map of creating new administrative units and the Cabinet Sub Committee constituted in this regard has almost completed the exercise," Omar said.
Council of Ministers, top civil and police officials and other government functionaries were present at the function held here today.
The Chief Minister inaugurated upgraded fully-computerised administrative halls for Hospitality and Protocol, Health and Medical Education, Housing and Urban Development, Ladakh Affairs, Labour and Forest departments, completed at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore within a period of six months.
Lauding the NC-Congress government for completing its five year in power in next few months, Omar said they would carry forward the development agenda as promised to the people.
The Chief Minister assured his Government agenda to take development process to the door steps of the people will receive a new impetus with the creation of these units.
The J&K Government would present a people-friendly budget during the coming Assembly Session at Jammu, he said.
Omar also said they would ensure two important legislations -- Right to Information Act and Public Service Guarantee Act -- will be further strengthened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!