J&K Govt to go ahead with creation of new admin units
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Monday inaugurated upgraded administrative halls for different departments at Jammu Civil Secretariat and said his government is going ahead with creating new administrative units in the state.
"We are also moving ahead with the road map of creating new administrative units and the Cabinet Sub Committee constituted in this regard has almost completed the exercise," Omar said.
Council of Ministers, top civil and police officials and other government functionaries were present at the function held here today.
The Chief Minister inaugurated upgraded fully-computerised administrative halls for Hospitality and Protocol, Health and Medical Education, Housing and Urban Development, Ladakh Affairs, Labour and Forest departments, completed at a cost of Rs 1.50 crore within a period of six months.
Lauding the NC-Congress government for completing its five year in power in next few months, Omar said they would carry forward the development agenda as promised to the people.
The Chief Minister assured his Government agenda to take development process to the door steps of the people will receive a new impetus with the creation of these units.
The J&K Government would present a people-friendly budget during the coming Assembly Session at Jammu, he said.
Omar also said they would ensure two important legislations -- Right to Information Act and Public Service Guarantee Act -- will be further strengthened.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video