J&K govt to help militancy-disabled people
Jammu: With as many as 783 persons rendered
physically handicapped due to militancy related incidents, the Jammu and Kashmir government has started a door to door survey to ascertain the exact number of disabled for welfare schemes.
"783 persons, rendered physically handicapped due to militancy related incidents, have been registered and are being provided monthly pension of Rs 750," Minister for Social
Welfare Sakina Itoo said at a function here.
The government has started the survey through Anganwari
Centres and other branches of Social Welfare Department to
ascertain the exact number of disabled population in the
state, she said.
She said the functionaries of the department have been
asked to register such persons and initiate pension cases for
them, so that every such person can be brought under welfare
schemes launched by government for the physically challenged.
She said that government has registered 1.20 lakh such
persons, who are being provided monthly pension of Rs 400.
Reaffirming the assurance of the government to provide
due share to disable persons with employment opportunities,
the Minister said that Public Service Commission, Service
Selection Recruitment Board and Autonomous Institutions have
been directed to adhere strictly to 3 per cent quota
reservation for physically challenged persons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi