J&K govt to improve health care
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is contemplating setting up an independent corporation for procuring equipment and medicines for government hospitals in order to improve health care facilities and curb malpractices in these institutions.
Minister for Health Sham Lal Sharma informed the Legislative Assembly yesterday that Government in mulling establishment of an independent corporation to ensure purchase of quality drugs and equipments in the State.
Sharma said the corporation has been mooted on the pattern of the one existing in Tamil Nadu to ensure transparency in the purchase of drugs and equipment for Government Hospitals.
He said there are many bottlenecks in purchasing the essential items which sometimes are required to be purchased at short notice in the interest of patient care.
"The Corporation will help in maintaining accountability and complete transparency in the purchases," he added.
He said necessary spade work for the setting up of the Corporation has been completed and the proposal will shortly go to the Cabinet for its nod.
"As soon as the Corporation starts functioning, the Government will go for purchase of more CT Scan machines, critical care ambulances and other urgent equipments for the health institutions to improve the overall health care system in the State," the minister added.
Sharma said the Government has also decided to equip all districts hospitals with the services of CT scan machines and critical care ambulances to ensure best medical care facilities to patients at their doorsteps.
He said health care is the top priority area of the Government and all necessary measures in this regard would be taken.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata