J&K govt to improve health care
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is contemplating setting up an independent corporation for procuring equipment and medicines for government hospitals in order to improve health care facilities and curb malpractices in these institutions.
Minister for Health Sham Lal Sharma informed the Legislative Assembly yesterday that Government in mulling establishment of an independent corporation to ensure purchase of quality drugs and equipments in the State.
Sharma said the corporation has been mooted on the pattern of the one existing in Tamil Nadu to ensure transparency in the purchase of drugs and equipment for Government Hospitals.
He said there are many bottlenecks in purchasing the essential items which sometimes are required to be purchased at short notice in the interest of patient care.
"The Corporation will help in maintaining accountability and complete transparency in the purchases," he added.
He said necessary spade work for the setting up of the Corporation has been completed and the proposal will shortly go to the Cabinet for its nod.
"As soon as the Corporation starts functioning, the Government will go for purchase of more CT Scan machines, critical care ambulances and other urgent equipments for the health institutions to improve the overall health care system in the State," the minister added.
Sharma said the Government has also decided to equip all districts hospitals with the services of CT scan machines and critical care ambulances to ensure best medical care facilities to patients at their doorsteps.
He said health care is the top priority area of the Government and all necessary measures in this regard would be taken.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP likely to form next govt in Bihar: Mulayam Singh
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Bihar Polls: Lalu Yadav's controversial tweet against Karpoori Thakur and PM Modi
- Hafiz Saeed teaching terrorism to children in Pakistan
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men
- Bigg Boss double trouble: Four lovebirds, one former couple inside the house
- Five ways to get pregnant fast!