J&K govt to promote solar energy
Jammu: In a bid to promote solar energy,
Jammu and Kashmir government will use solar power in lighting
up all prominent buildings in the state.
"We want to popularise the new technology of solar energy
in Jammu and Kashmir. We want to light up all hospitals,
educational institutions, shrines, tourist places, assembly
and secretariat in the state with solar power," Minister of
State for Science and Technology Syed Ruhullah said today.
The minister said 13 solar power plants at an estimated
cost of Rs 3.72 crore are being installed in 22 health
institutions and a 50 KW solar power plant is being installed
at Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium at a cost of Rs 1.73 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security