J&K govt to promote solar energy
Jammu: In a bid to promote solar energy,
Jammu and Kashmir government will use solar power in lighting
up all prominent buildings in the state.
"We want to popularise the new technology of solar energy
in Jammu and Kashmir. We want to light up all hospitals,
educational institutions, shrines, tourist places, assembly
and secretariat in the state with solar power," Minister of
State for Science and Technology Syed Ruhullah said today.
The minister said 13 solar power plants at an estimated
cost of Rs 3.72 crore are being installed in 22 health
institutions and a 50 KW solar power plant is being installed
at Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium at a cost of Rs 1.73 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray