J&K govt to promote solar energy
Jammu: In a bid to promote solar energy,
Jammu and Kashmir government will use solar power in lighting
up all prominent buildings in the state.
"We want to popularise the new technology of solar energy
in Jammu and Kashmir. We want to light up all hospitals,
educational institutions, shrines, tourist places, assembly
and secretariat in the state with solar power," Minister of
State for Science and Technology Syed Ruhullah said today.
The minister said 13 solar power plants at an estimated
cost of Rs 3.72 crore are being installed in 22 health
institutions and a 50 KW solar power plant is being installed
at Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium at a cost of Rs 1.73 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!