J&K govt to promote solar energy
Jammu: In a bid to promote solar energy,
Jammu and Kashmir government will use solar power in lighting
up all prominent buildings in the state.
"We want to popularise the new technology of solar energy
in Jammu and Kashmir. We want to light up all hospitals,
educational institutions, shrines, tourist places, assembly
and secretariat in the state with solar power," Minister of
State for Science and Technology Syed Ruhullah said today.
The minister said 13 solar power plants at an estimated
cost of Rs 3.72 crore are being installed in 22 health
institutions and a 50 KW solar power plant is being installed
at Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium at a cost of Rs 1.73 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?