J&K govt to promote solar energy
Jammu: In a bid to promote solar energy,
Jammu and Kashmir government will use solar power in lighting
up all prominent buildings in the state.
"We want to popularise the new technology of solar energy
in Jammu and Kashmir. We want to light up all hospitals,
educational institutions, shrines, tourist places, assembly
and secretariat in the state with solar power," Minister of
State for Science and Technology Syed Ruhullah said today.
The minister said 13 solar power plants at an estimated
cost of Rs 3.72 crore are being installed in 22 health
institutions and a 50 KW solar power plant is being installed
at Sher-i-Kashmir Cricket Stadium at a cost of Rs 1.73 crore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati