J&K govt to revive Heliskiing in Gulmarg
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is
planning to revive Heliskiing at the world famous ski resort
of Gulmarg in northern part of Kashmir.
"We are in talks with concerned organisations to revive
Heliskiing in Gulmarg," Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora
said here after inaugurating the Trekking Hire Equipment Shop
He said the winter sports season will commence with
`Kashmir Snow Festival` in Gulmarg from December 24 and "Night
Skiing, cultural programmes, FAM Tours and National Ice
championships would be included in the three-day festival."
"The season will culminate with national cross-country
ski championship to be held from March 11 to 13 next year," he
Other competitions slated to be held at Gulmarg include
National Junior Alpine Ski Championship and State Ski
Jora said that after the commissioning of second phase of
the Gulmarg Gandola Lift accessibility of Affarvat range for
skiing, many foreign skiers have visited the Gulmarg during
the last few years and hoped that the winter resort here will
be a hub of activities during the chilly season.
"This year will be no exception and from the feedback
that we have received from various private hoteliers, valley
would receive a record number of foreigners," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living