J&K govt to revive Heliskiing in Gulmarg
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir government is
planning to revive Heliskiing at the world famous ski resort
of Gulmarg in northern part of Kashmir.
"We are in talks with concerned organisations to revive
Heliskiing in Gulmarg," Tourism Minister Nawang Rigzin Jora
said here after inaugurating the Trekking Hire Equipment Shop
He said the winter sports season will commence with
`Kashmir Snow Festival` in Gulmarg from December 24 and "Night
Skiing, cultural programmes, FAM Tours and National Ice
championships would be included in the three-day festival."
"The season will culminate with national cross-country
ski championship to be held from March 11 to 13 next year," he
Other competitions slated to be held at Gulmarg include
National Junior Alpine Ski Championship and State Ski
Jora said that after the commissioning of second phase of
the Gulmarg Gandola Lift accessibility of Affarvat range for
skiing, many foreign skiers have visited the Gulmarg during
the last few years and hoped that the winter resort here will
be a hub of activities during the chilly season.
"This year will be no exception and from the feedback
that we have received from various private hoteliers, valley
would receive a record number of foreigners," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- LIVE: Yakub Memon buried in Mumbai; Rajnath says he got chance to express views in all forums
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report