J&K govt to set up ex-servicemen cell
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government today
said an ex-servicemen cell would be set up in the state to
address the problems and issues related to former men of armed
"We will set up an ex-servicemen cell in state Home
department which would be the nodal agency for mitigating the
problems and issues related to former men of armed forces in
J&K", Chief Minister Omar Abdullah told a gathering of army
jawans at function here today.
He said it would be a single window system for the
ex-servicemen for addressing all their problems and they need
not run here and there.
"It is our duty to provide all needed help to them after
they hang their uniforms", Omar said.
The Chief Minister said the armed forces men were at the
call of the state government "in all our difficult times be
time, be it defending the borders during wars, taking on
militants or rushing with help during natural disasters".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Maheish Girri to file defamation case against Arvind Kejriwal?
- Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo sends Portugal to pre-quarters - All details here
- Salman Khan's 'raped woman' controversy: Here's what Nawazuddin Siddiqui has to say about his 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'
- Brexit: Emotions a key factor as the British EU referendum looms
- SCO Summit: India looks forward to fruitful outcome, says PM Narendra Modi