J&K govt urges people not to believe in rumours
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir government on Friday appealed to the people to not believe in rumours and maintain peace, brotherhood and harmony.
We appeal to the public not to believe in rumours and maintain peace, brotherhood and harmony, Divisional Commissioner, Jammu, Pradeep Gupta said.
He clarified that four persons were killed in the firing incident at Shadi in the Gool area of Ramban district yesterday and not six as reported in a section of media.
The state government has sanctioned ex-gratia relief of Rs 5 lakh each to the next of kin to those killed in the firing incident, he said adding, a job will be provided to one of the family members of those killed.
Meanwhile, minister for PHE, Irrigation and Flood Control, Sham Lal Sharma and minister of state for Revenue, Relief and Rehabilitation, Ajaz Ahmed Khan visited the Government Medical College and Hospital here, accompanied by Gupta and inquired about the condition of the injured admitted there.
The Deputy Commissioner has disbursed Rs 10,000 each to the injured persons from Red Cross Funds.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- DNA: Growing Russia-China ties a concern for India
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Woman set ablaze in UP, Akhilesh orders magisterial probe
- Waterlogging, traffic jams in Delhi after rains
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- No bomb found on Turkish Airlines flight which made emergency landing in Delhi