J&K govt will not grant amnesty to any terrorist or militant: Omar Abdullah
Jammu: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Omar Abdullah on Wednesday said there is no proposal under consideration by the state government to grant amnesty to any militant and terrorist or any person involved in any heinous crime.
The Chief Minister said this in a written reply to a question of PDP leader Mehbooba Mufti in the state Assembly.
Abdullah said pursuant to the announcement of amnesty scheme by him in 2011, 230 cases involving 1,811 persons have been identified for withdrawal.
Of these, 228 cases have been withdrawn while proceedings in respect of the remaining two cases are under process, he said.
The Chief Minister said the state government had registered 1,733 cases involving 9,166 people till date since 2009 in different districts of Kashmir division.
He said the highest number of 738 cases involving 3,175 persons were registered in Srinagar, followed by 256 cases involving 867 persons in Baramulla district, 191 cases involving 940 persons in Anantnag district, 127 cases involving 1,176 persons in Pulwama district, 127 cases involving 779 persons in Bandipora, 87 cases involving 751 persons in Kulgam, 79 cases involving 709 persons in Shopian, 75 cases involving 349 persons in Ganderbal and 53 cases involving 420 persons in Kupwara district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Turkish PM says first signs in Istanbul attack point to IS
- Flying kisses galore! Ranveer Singh – Deepika Padukone are very much in love – Watch
- Asian markets extend gains on Brexit stimulus bets
- Check rajeduboard.nic.in for RBSE Rajasthan 8th Result 2016: BSER Ajmer 8th Board Result, Rajasthan 8th Class Results 2016
- CCPA to meet today to decide Monsoon Session dates