J&K: Grenade attack on CRPF picket, five jawans wounded
Srinagar: Five CRPF personnel were injured ON Sunday in a grenade attack by militants on their picket in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Militants hurled a grenade at the CRPF picket in Sopore, some 52-km from here, wounding five jawans, a police spokesman said.
The injured CRPF personnel were Mohammad Razaq Khan, Anil Kumar, Sia Ram, Javid Khan and Rajah Kumar, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Sopore town and Soura in Srinagar, the spokesman said.
No militant outfit had claimed responsibility for the attack so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra