J&K: Grenade attack on CRPF picket, five jawans wounded
Srinagar: Five CRPF personnel were injured ON Sunday in a grenade attack by militants on their picket in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Militants hurled a grenade at the CRPF picket in Sopore, some 52-km from here, wounding five jawans, a police spokesman said.
The injured CRPF personnel were Mohammad Razaq Khan, Anil Kumar, Sia Ram, Javid Khan and Rajah Kumar, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Sopore town and Soura in Srinagar, the spokesman said.
No militant outfit had claimed responsibility for the attack so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth