J&K: Grenade attack on CRPF picket, five jawans wounded
Srinagar: Five CRPF personnel were injured ON Sunday in a grenade attack by militants on their picket in Sopore town in north Kashmir`s Baramulla district.
Militants hurled a grenade at the CRPF picket in Sopore, some 52-km from here, wounding five jawans, a police spokesman said.
The injured CRPF personnel were Mohammad Razaq Khan, Anil Kumar, Sia Ram, Javid Khan and Rajah Kumar, he said.
The injured were admitted to hospitals in Sopore town and Soura in Srinagar, the spokesman said.
No militant outfit had claimed responsibility for the attack so far, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen