J&K Guv briefed on functioning of Vigilance Commis
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Chief Vigilance Commissioner Kuldeep Khoda on Thursday called on state Governor NN Vohra here and briefed him about the steps taken for enabling the Commission to start functioning.
Khoda called on the Governor at Raj Bhavan and briefed him about the steps which had so far been taken for enabling the Commission to commence functioning, an official spokesman said.
The Governor stressed on the Chief Vigilance Commissioner the vital importance of the State Vigilance Organisation (SVO) and the State Vigilance Commission (SVC) working in close convergence, within their legal mandates, for the most effective outcomes to be achieved.
He also emphasised the legal responsibility of the SVO and SVC to ensure against any delay arising merely for the want of sanction to investigate a given case or to initiate prosecution, wherever such action was called for.
Vohra pointed to the Supreme Court`s clear ruling regarding the time limits within which the requisite sanctions were required to be issued.
The Governor also asked the CVC to keep in mind that the effective functioning of the Commission would contribute directly towards enhancing the cause of good governance and reducing corruption in the state.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!