J&K Guv calls for better facilities to Amarnath pilgrims
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra today asked the community kitchen operators to ensure langar services during the forthcoming annual yatra to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath in south Kashmir himalayas till the conclusion of the pilgrimage.
"The Langar service, at each of the identified places, should be ensured to operate till the conclusion of the pilgrimage, to avoid any inconvenience to the Yatris," Vohra said while interacting with a four-member delegation of the representatives of Shri Amarnath Barfani Langar Organisation (SABLO).
The delegation led by General Secretary of SABLO Rajan Gupta called on the Governor, who is also the Chairman of the Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), at Raj Bhavan.
Vohra also asked SABLO to ensure that the Langars provide food to the pilgrims as per the food menu prescribed by the expert committee, which takes into account the nutritional requirements of the pilgrims keeping in view the high altitude and difficult climatic conditions in the Yatra area.
"All the stakeholders need to work together to ensure that the pilgrims enjoy a very good Yatra and go back with happy memories about the arrangements," the governor said.
Appreciating the gesture of SABLO for contributing Rs 2.01 lakh to the SASB for the implementation of the Board`s initiatives to protect the environment in the Yatra area, the Governor reiterated the crucial importance of SABLO ensuring that every Langar maintains hygienic conditions in and around its premises, during the entire Yatra period and at the time of winding up its services.
On the occasion, the governor launched SABLO`s website and asked the authorities concerned to cross-link it with the website of SASB to to enable the pilgrims access Yatra related information.
The SABLO delegation assured the Governor that they will comply with his directions and devote special attention for maintaining cleanliness in the entire Yatra area, particularly in and around the Langar areas.
They also put forward several suggestions for improving the Yatra facilities.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das