J&K Guv calls on Pranab
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra called on President Pranab Mukherjee here Wednesday evening and briefed him about the overall security situation in the state.
The Governor also briefed the President about various aspects of growth and development of the state, an official spokesman said.
The Governor, who was recently appointed by the President as Chancellor of the Central University of Jammu, informed Mukherjee about advancement of higher education in the state.
The Governor welcomed the President on behalf of the government and the people of the state and thanked him for visiting the state and for honouring the University of Kashmir by agreeing to address its 18th convocation tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- SpaceX Falcon 9 rocket explodes minutes after Florida launch
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional