J&K Guv calls on Pranab
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra called on President Pranab Mukherjee here Wednesday evening and briefed him about the overall security situation in the state.
The Governor also briefed the President about various aspects of growth and development of the state, an official spokesman said.
The Governor, who was recently appointed by the President as Chancellor of the Central University of Jammu, informed Mukherjee about advancement of higher education in the state.
The Governor welcomed the President on behalf of the government and the people of the state and thanked him for visiting the state and for honouring the University of Kashmir by agreeing to address its 18th convocation tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Pokemon GO launched in Japan; India's wait to be over soon?
- Navjot Singh Sidhu will not be AAP's CM candidate in Punjab, say top leaders
- India to test sub-scale demonstrator scramjet engine in 2016
- PSBs capital needs significantly higher than budgeted: Moody's
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar's daughter in trauma after BSP workers abuse her