J&K Guv calls on Pranab
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra called on President Pranab Mukherjee here Wednesday evening and briefed him about the overall security situation in the state.
The Governor also briefed the President about various aspects of growth and development of the state, an official spokesman said.
The Governor, who was recently appointed by the President as Chancellor of the Central University of Jammu, informed Mukherjee about advancement of higher education in the state.
The Governor welcomed the President on behalf of the government and the people of the state and thanked him for visiting the state and for honouring the University of Kashmir by agreeing to address its 18th convocation tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Manjula Chellur sworn-in as Chief Justice of Bombay High Court
- Gionee S6s smartphone with 8MP front camera launched at Rs 17,999
- Karisma Kapoor just shared a major throwback picture with sister Kareena and we LOVE IT!
- Fungi show green way to recycle batteries
- 7th Pay Commission: Government employees likely to get revised allowances from October