J&K Guv calls on Pranab
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra called on President Pranab Mukherjee here Wednesday evening and briefed him about the overall security situation in the state.
The Governor also briefed the President about various aspects of growth and development of the state, an official spokesman said.
The Governor, who was recently appointed by the President as Chancellor of the Central University of Jammu, informed Mukherjee about advancement of higher education in the state.
The Governor welcomed the President on behalf of the government and the people of the state and thanked him for visiting the state and for honouring the University of Kashmir by agreeing to address its 18th convocation tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal