J&K Guv calls on Pranab
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra called on President Pranab Mukherjee here Wednesday evening and briefed him about the overall security situation in the state.
The Governor also briefed the President about various aspects of growth and development of the state, an official spokesman said.
The Governor, who was recently appointed by the President as Chancellor of the Central University of Jammu, informed Mukherjee about advancement of higher education in the state.
The Governor welcomed the President on behalf of the government and the people of the state and thanked him for visiting the state and for honouring the University of Kashmir by agreeing to address its 18th convocation tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor