J&K Guv reviews preparations for Amarnath yatra
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor N N Vohra on Friday visited Sheshnag, Chandanwari and Nunwan camps along the traditional route to the 3,880 metre high holy cave shrine of Amarnath to review arrangements for the yatra scheduled to commence next week.
Accompanied by Chief Executive Officer of Shri Amarnathji Shrine Board (SASB), Vohra inspected the arrangements at the Sheshnag and Chandanwari Camps and held meetings with the concerned officers at both these Camps, a spokesman said.
Vohra, who is also chairman of the SASB, later inspected the arrangements at the Nunwan Base Camp and held a high level review meeting there, he said.
The Governor expressed satisfaction over the to-date status of positioning of the required arrangements on ground and asked the concerned departments and agencies to complete the entire remaining work before the commencement of the yatra on June 28.
All Medical Centres at the base camps and enroute must be made functional immediately, he said, adding ration and all other essential commodities be stocked at all the camps expeditiously.
Vohra emphasised the need for greater coordination among all the concerned departments and agencies for the smooth conduct of the Yatra.
He directed all officers to ensure that every pilgrim is treated with courtesy and provided the required guidance and assistance for completing his Yatra without facing any inconvenience.
Vohra reiterated that no Yatri without valid registration should be allowed to cross the Access Control Gates.
While reviewing track status, the Governor asked the CEO, Pahalgam Development Authority, to particularly focus on the difficult stretches on the Chandanwari-Sheshnag-Panjtarni-Sangam-Holy Cave axis and gave directions regarding the positioning of Mountain Rescue Teams to help the pilgrims.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof