J&K Guv visits frontier areas of Baramulla, reviews security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Sunday visited the frontier areas of Baramulla district including Aman Setu at Kaman Post to review the security situation along the Line of Control, an official spokesman said.
Vohra visited the Kaman Post, the last point on this side of Kashmir on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road, where he was received by Major General Bipin Rawat, General officer Commanding of 19 Infantry Division and Brigadier BS Raju.
The Army officials briefed the Governor about the security situation in the Uri Sector and beyond, the spokesman said.
The Governor lauded the officers and men of the Indian Army for guarding the frontiers of the country in challenging conditions.
He said the entire country is proud of the devotion and commitment of the soldiers serving the nation along the borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Why is religion being made the basis of election campaigns in UP?
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Sony Xperia X gets a price cut of whopping Rs 14,000