J&K Guv visits frontier areas of Baramulla, reviews security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Sunday visited the frontier areas of Baramulla district including Aman Setu at Kaman Post to review the security situation along the Line of Control, an official spokesman said.
Vohra visited the Kaman Post, the last point on this side of Kashmir on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road, where he was received by Major General Bipin Rawat, General officer Commanding of 19 Infantry Division and Brigadier BS Raju.
The Army officials briefed the Governor about the security situation in the Uri Sector and beyond, the spokesman said.
The Governor lauded the officers and men of the Indian Army for guarding the frontiers of the country in challenging conditions.
He said the entire country is proud of the devotion and commitment of the soldiers serving the nation along the borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand