J&K Guv visits frontier areas of Baramulla, reviews security
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir Governor NN Vohra on Sunday visited the frontier areas of Baramulla district including Aman Setu at Kaman Post to review the security situation along the Line of Control, an official spokesman said.
Vohra visited the Kaman Post, the last point on this side of Kashmir on Srinagar-Muzaffarabad road, where he was received by Major General Bipin Rawat, General officer Commanding of 19 Infantry Division and Brigadier BS Raju.
The Army officials briefed the Governor about the security situation in the Uri Sector and beyond, the spokesman said.
The Governor lauded the officers and men of the Indian Army for guarding the frontiers of the country in challenging conditions.
He said the entire country is proud of the devotion and commitment of the soldiers serving the nation along the borders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman