`J&K has enough talent to be at par with others`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir had enough talent to be at par with any state of the country in terms of development but there should be a passion among the youth to move towards positive direction, Union Minister for Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily on Friday said.
"The youth of Jammu and Kashmir can do whatever anyone else in the country can do but there should be a passion to move in the positive direction," Moily said in his address at the 13th National Conference of Practicing Company Secretaries here.
Lauding the leadership of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Moily said the high number of successful candidates in the recent Union Civil Services Examinations and excellent performance of Jammu and Kashmir Bank were indicators of good acumen and IQ of the people of the state.
"JK Bank can be role model for other banks in the country. It has the lowest NPA and rising profits," he said. "I salute the people of this place for their intelligence, acumen and ability to address the difficulties, deal with challenging situations and make way through all odds towards success," he added.
"The people of the state have been denied opportunities (due to geography). We need to provide them the opportunities to excel," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred