`J&K has enough talent to be at par with others`
Srinagar: Jammu and Kashmir had enough talent to be at par with any state of the country in terms of development but there should be a passion among the youth to move towards positive direction, Union Minister for Corporate Affairs Veerappa Moily on Friday said.
"The youth of Jammu and Kashmir can do whatever anyone else in the country can do but there should be a passion to move in the positive direction," Moily said in his address at the 13th National Conference of Practicing Company Secretaries here.
Lauding the leadership of Chief Minister Omar Abdullah, Moily said the high number of successful candidates in the recent Union Civil Services Examinations and excellent performance of Jammu and Kashmir Bank were indicators of good acumen and IQ of the people of the state.
"JK Bank can be role model for other banks in the country. It has the lowest NPA and rising profits," he said. "I salute the people of this place for their intelligence, acumen and ability to address the difficulties, deal with challenging situations and make way through all odds towards success," he added.
"The people of the state have been denied opportunities (due to geography). We need to provide them the opportunities to excel," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference