J&K HC dismisses petition against DGP Khoda
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir High Court on Tuesday dismissed a writ petition against Director General of Police Kuldeep Khoda seeking registration of a case against the senior police official for his alleged role in a triple murder case in Bhaderwah.
Justice Virender Singh announced the order dismissing the petition filed by two widows -- Nazira Begum and Shaheena Begum, wives of victims Fazal Hussain Dar and Mohammad Hussain -- at the Jammu wing of the High Court, Advocate General Ishaq Qadri said.
Qadri had closed the arguments on behalf of the state last Friday after the petitioners` counsel had cited a crime branch report and called for a CBI investigation.
The case was heard and disposed by Justice Hasnain Masoodi while Justice Virender Singh announced the judgement.
According to the petition, four people -- Fazal Hussain Dar, Mohammad Hussian, Fareed Ahmad and Talib Hussain -- were allegedly picked up by men in a police vehicle on January 3, 1996.
While the bodies of three arrested persons were thrown into river Chenab in Jammu division`s Bhaderwah district later, one of them Talib Hussain managed to escape from the clutches of men who abducted them and later shared the tale, the petition said.
A case was filed with the police after investigations directed by the chief judicial magistrate`s court, Bhaderwah. The victims` families, however, not satisfied with the investigation approached the National Human Rights Commission (NHRC). It directed the police`s crime branch to investigate the case.
Khoda, a 1974-batch IPS officer, retires on May 31 after a tenure of four years and 10 months as Director General of Police. His name is believed to have been recommended by the state government for the post of state`s first Chief Vigilance Commissioner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state