J&K health officials in soup for fake appointments
Srinagar: Disciplinary action has been initiated against seven officials of Jammu and Kashmir health department for allegedly making fraudulent appointments in Anantnag district.
The state government has also ordered an inquiry to check similar irregularities in other districts of the Valley.
"Acting tough on complaints about fake appointments made in the Health Department in Anantnag, the government has attached seven senior officers in the Directorate of Health Services, Kashmir, with immediate effect," an official spokesman said.
The spokesman said the attachment was ordered last evening following several complaints with regard to fake appointments made in the district over the years.
These complaints were examined by a committee constituted by Director Health Services, Kashmir, the spokesman said.
"The Committee after verification of the complaints submitted a preliminary fact finding report which prima facie established large number of fake appointments made by certain officers," the spokesman said.
In view of the findings of the Committee, the government ordered an in-depth enquiry in the matter by a team headed by Special Secretary to government in Health and Medical Education Department.
"The Committee found seven senior officers involved in making such fake appointments. The government while taking serious note of their offence has attached these officers with the Directorate of Health Services with immediate effect as a preliminary action," he said.
"Names of other junior officials involved in the affairs have been sent to Director Health Services, Kashmir for similar necessary action by the Committee," the spokesman said.
He said the Director Health Services, Kashmir has been asked to enquire into all such complaints in the matter of other districts as well and submit a report to the Government at the earliest.
Minister for Health Sham Lal Sharma has said stern action will be taken against all erring officers and beneficiaries of the fake appointments after the detailed enquiry into all such complaints.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured