J&K highway: 2,200 vehicles stranded
Jammu: Over 2,200 vehicles were on Sunday
stranded on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, which serves
as the only surface link with Kashmir valley, after its
closure due to heavy snowfall in Banihal-Patnitop sector of
"Highway has been closed again due heavy snowfall in
Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Batote and Patnitop areas," police
Due to the closure of the 300-km-long highway, vehicles
were seen stranded at various places including Udhampur and
The Border Road Organisation (BRO) has started work for
resuming the flow of traffic, but the continous snowfall is
making the task difficult, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory