J&K highway: 2,200 vehicles stranded
Jammu: Over 2,200 vehicles were on Sunday
stranded on the Jammu-Srinagar national highway, which serves
as the only surface link with Kashmir valley, after its
closure due to heavy snowfall in Banihal-Patnitop sector of
"Highway has been closed again due heavy snowfall in
Jawahir tunnel, Banihal, Batote and Patnitop areas," police
Due to the closure of the 300-km-long highway, vehicles
were seen stranded at various places including Udhampur and
The Border Road Organisation (BRO) has started work for
resuming the flow of traffic, but the continous snowfall is
making the task difficult, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'