J&K Highway closed for traffic due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National highway was on Saturday closed for traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded.
The landslides at Maroog, Sri and Ramban areas were triggered by heavy rains, which are still continuing, officials said.
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO) are trying to clear the road, but rains are making the task difficult, they said.
Over 200 vehicles have been stranded at various places en route the highway due to the landslides.
Heavy rains lashed Jammu region this morning bringing relief to people from the high level of humidity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leader of Opposition in Goa Assembly, Pratapsinh Rane, death penalty for drug peddlers
- AAP to move Delhi High Court against arrests of MLAs in 'false cases'
- Varun Dhawan reacts to Salman Khan's acquittal
- Rio Olympics: Sushil Kumar backs 'younger brother' Narsingh Yadav, but hurt by being dragged in 'conspiracy' controversy
- Learn to make a pen stand out of waste material! Watch video