J&K Highway closed for traffic due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National highway was on Saturday closed for traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded.
The landslides at Maroog, Sri and Ramban areas were triggered by heavy rains, which are still continuing, officials said.
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO) are trying to clear the road, but rains are making the task difficult, they said.
Over 200 vehicles have been stranded at various places en route the highway due to the landslides.
Heavy rains lashed Jammu region this morning bringing relief to people from the high level of humidity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter