J&K Highway closed for traffic due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National highway was on Saturday closed for traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded.
The landslides at Maroog, Sri and Ramban areas were triggered by heavy rains, which are still continuing, officials said.
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO) are trying to clear the road, but rains are making the task difficult, they said.
Over 200 vehicles have been stranded at various places en route the highway due to the landslides.
Heavy rains lashed Jammu region this morning bringing relief to people from the high level of humidity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened