J&K Highway closed for traffic due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National highway was on Saturday closed for traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded.
The landslides at Maroog, Sri and Ramban areas were triggered by heavy rains, which are still continuing, officials said.
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO) are trying to clear the road, but rains are making the task difficult, they said.
Over 200 vehicles have been stranded at various places en route the highway due to the landslides.
Heavy rains lashed Jammu region this morning bringing relief to people from the high level of humidity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...