J&K Highway closed for traffic due to landslides
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National highway was on Saturday closed for traffic due to landslides triggered by heavy rains in Ramban district, leaving over 200 vehicles stranded.
The landslides at Maroog, Sri and Ramban areas were triggered by heavy rains, which are still continuing, officials said.
The men and machines of Border Road Organisation (BRO) are trying to clear the road, but rains are making the task difficult, they said.
Over 200 vehicles have been stranded at various places en route the highway due to the landslides.
Heavy rains lashed Jammu region this morning bringing relief to people from the high level of humidity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Indian Army 5th deadliest in the world: Report
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- When Muslim dies they give 20 lakhs, but Hindu doesn't even get 20,000: Sakshi Maharaj