J&K Highway closed for traffic for second day
Jammu: The Jammu-Srinagar National Highway continued to remain closed for traffic for the second consecutive day today due to snowfall and slippery conditions at some stretches along the highway.
The traffic on the highway, the only surface link connecting Kashmir valley with the rest of the country, was suspended yesterday as a precautionary measure due to heavy snowfall between Qazigund and Banihal towns creating slippery conditions on both sides of the Jawahar Tunnel, about 220-kms from here, traffic officials said.
Snow had accumulated on both sides of the Jawahar
About 500 vehicles are stranded at different points on
the highway and authorities have made arrangements to provide
food and shelter for nearly 1500 people who were travelling in
the vehicles, they said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!